I get the feeling my loader does not have glow plugs. The glow plug panel light does not come on during key on. The wiring diagram has heater not glow plugs. It looks like there is one wire connected to air intake area in service manual pictures but I can not see that area due to brackets on engine. Can anyone explain this? or a simple check. It does start when cold after it cranks a few seconds.
It’s an electric heater element inside the intake manifold. Simple checks? See if it gets hot when you turn the key on. With your hand. Or, connect a inductive ammeter to the wire and measure the amp draw. Report back.
On cold machine, place test light probe on the terminal. Have helper turn key on. Test lamp should illuminate while preheating.
you guys nail it.... glow lamp does not work? reason?.. when you turn key on all lamps flash but that one .... I see now with the drawing it does not have glow plugs as I suspect but rather an air heater .. the feel by hand test I will try first lots of stuff in the way but ... I did spot the relay location also hard to get to but I got a DC amp gauge I can use to test first then if it fails that I can then use volt meter ... all this with a helper in the cab ... so it needs to be cold I assume to get the circuit to even activate but I could improvise and apply 12 v to the relay to check it. you guys nail it thanks! I will post in a week or so with answer as too what the problem is ... I am guessing but this heater method would take a few cranks to get the warm air in the cylinder as apposed to the glow plug method? which is what it does when it starts. and it does when its cold.
I checked out the intake cold start heater with an amp gauge. It is reasonable to assume the goofy light is broke but the heater does work. once key is turned today at 45 degrees it kicked on and drew 80 amps for 5 seconds and a small click sound (of the relay i assume) was heard as the amps dropped to 1.2. Being in the intake and not in the cylinder it is reasonable to assume it should crank for 1-2 seconds before it starts. I will listen for that click when it gets even colder, it may last longer. that click should be the moment to start engine. Thanks for you help!