Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955h oil level in final drive

955cat · 2021-12-12 21:49

I have a a 955h 60A6185 that gains oil leave in final drive.Can this be coming from a bad seal in bevel gear and steering clutch compartment? I’m new to the form but have enjoyed reading , would love to have had access to this knowledge years ago.I have owned this machine all most 30 years have spent many hours working it as well as working on it . Found this buy looking for information on a 120-2 Hitachi that I’m having problems with, I thank I made some good contacts and got some good information hope I can share some knowledge as well.

Replies6
  1. #1Dave Neubert2021-12-13 16:18

    Bad seal on top pinion have to pull steering clutch and ring gear to repair also change out the pinion bearing

  2. #2955cat2021-12-13 17:46

    Thank you so much for your reply, seems to take some time for it to gain a lot , any problem with running it as long as I keep oil in steering clutch compartment?

  3. #3Dave Neubert2021-12-13 18:26

    should not be a huge problem except for your finial drive oil getting diluted

  4. #4tctractors2021-12-19 15:26

    on the 955 the F/drive oil and transmission oil is the same spec' if the brake peddles feel even when you are tracking without bouncing up and down i would be tempted to leave it alone until you need to tackle other issues. tctractors

  5. #5955cat2021-12-19 16:35

    Thanks , machine works fine I just reworked a 4&1 bucket and have a little work for it and thought it would be ok to run . Should I drain oil down to full level or ok a little full ?

  6. #6tctractors2021-12-20 15:22

    Just use it. tctractors