Hi guys, I went to start my machine the other day and I’m getting a lap bar sensor code. The sensor has power to it so Im hoping that’s it and I ordered a new one. But then I noticed the alternator fuse was also blown. Are these issues related? I can put a new fuse in and it will run for awhile before the fuse blows again. Does anybody have a wiring schematic for this machine? I just want to see if the fuse blowing can be related to the lap bar sensor. Or at least see if there’s any diodes inline with the alternator. Thanks in advance!
Hi there, they are not related, alt 5A fuse supplies the grey wire (306-A36) Goes thru a couple plugs before it gets to the alternator. The smaller ASV/Terex's use a diode in the fuse block, larger ones don't. I would disconnect the grey wire and key it on, fuse blows, dead short on grey wire. if the fuse holds, alternator. Hope this helps
Thanks old timer. That gives me a good starting point. I really appreciate it.