Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

299d2 tracks vibrating

hvguy · 2021-02-13 02:13

I don't recall my tracks being this.... Bad, but after I recently replaced the one side that delaminated, I noticed the opposite side (that only has about 59 hours on it) is vibrating pretty bad. I tried letting some tension off of it by letting some grease out, nothing changed. Perhaps this is also a bad track from the same batch my last delaminated unit was from. When you load a bucket full of dirt, it's almost so bad you have to stop. Anyone ever had this? Pics are of the old vs new track.

Replies16
  1. #1LEGO2021-02-14 10:13

    It only happens under load or all the time?

  2. #2Midnightmoon2021-02-14 10:20

    The track looks bad for 59hrs. It's likely bad like the other one and on it's way to coming apart. Are these oem tracks?

  3. #3Vetech632021-02-14 10:59

    Tracks should be put on as a set. The one you didn’t replace would be of the same lot as the one that came apart.

  4. #4Vetech632021-02-14 11:01

    There should be a molded insignia on the inside of the track giving manufacturer and size. Who is the manufacturer?

  5. #5lantraxco2021-02-14 14:08

    Check the front idler, could be losing the bearings. Back one too, but less likely. This track may be starting to separate internally like the other one did, time will tell. Hell drain a little oil from the planet hub to check for silver metal just to be safe.

  6. #6scottwolowich2021-02-14 14:16

    china tracks?

  7. #7lantraxco2021-02-14 14:29

    There's damn few that aren't no matter what anybody claims. Handful out of Korea, few from Japan. If there's any made in North America I haven't run across them yet, not that I'm plugged into it like I was ten years ago.

  8. #8scottwolowich2021-02-14 16:13

    Fair enough, I guess 'cheap tracks' is a better statement, bad batch or poorly made for sure. Unless there is an underlying issue with the undercarriage.

  9. #9Nige2021-02-14 16:23

    I wouldn't be so sure, seeing as the tracks in question were installed by a Cat dealer before the customer took delivery of this machine and were most likely a genuine OEM-supplied product. Every so often **** just happens.......... HeavyEquipmentForums

  10. #10lantraxco2021-02-14 16:28

    Yeah, but then everybody can have an off day, like the new FIAT trucks (labeled RAM for some reason) with the 6.7 Cummins, which apparently don't do much "Goin". It's a sore point with me, sorry. I've seen original Bridgestone tracks made in Japan, the mother of all Asian track producers installed by the OEM at the factory spall off rubber and self destruct down to the steel cords and drive lugs in less than a year. Somebody left them in the oven too long. Some manufacturers save money buy using recycled ground tire rubber in the core layers, which can be a dicy thing also.

  11. #11KSSS2021-02-14 22:25

    They look like Camoplast tracks which are OEM tracks for some machines. I had never seen a track do that before. Cleary someone didn't follow the recipe.

  12. #1292U 34062021-02-14 23:05

    Is it the tracks vibrating or an undercarriage component seizing up? Maybe block the machine up and run it while supported. Might see something amiss.

  13. #13lantraxco2021-02-14 23:07

    You ever seen baklava being made? LoL

  14. #14KSSS2021-02-15 12:34

    LOL, I don't even know what a baklava is!

  15. #15lantraxco2021-02-15 13:46

    Dude! You are missing out, lol

  16. #16CM19952021-02-15 19:16

    You are missing out! MMMM flaky pastry goodness - give it a shot KSSS.