Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2012 TR320 Case Skid Steer

1693TA ยท 2023-12-28 08:27

Had one of these traded in yesterday in relatively good condition. All the gas struts that hold the door open, seat bar up, engine covers open are original and need replaced. I gather it's pretty much just been run with basic maintenance along the way. Tracks and u/c look better than a lot which have come in but I think it's original to the machine. It was a trade for a new New Holland C345 and in a lot of ways very similar. Controls layout is a bit different than I'm used to but I've never operated one of these before. I'm going to run it a bit later today to see if it's something I'm interested in or not. I thought about acquiring that New Holland C237 I hauled back in on trade last week but that really is too much money for the amount of work I would get from it to justify. Regardless, I'm keeping my old 1845C as that machine with my Hyster forklift actually does everything I've needed so far. I really would like to have an enclosed, and quieter cab on a skid steer, but don't know if I'm willing to pay a lot to have it.

Replies8
  1. #1Vetech632023-12-28 08:33

    You would get more satisfaction out of buying large hams and some drink for all of us forum members.

  2. #21693TA2023-12-28 09:04

    You are most likely correct. I really am not certain as didn't have that warm and fuzzy feeling right up front; but am not in immediate need either. Don't know how much of that was the dirty machine, or the surprises that could underlie.

  3. #31693TA2023-12-28 15:16

    Forgot I'd snapped these after loading: o

  4. #4Simon C2023-12-29 23:08

    I just recently did a repair job for no heater on a Case TV380. They are jammed in there pretty tight but seem to work well non the less. Did get an entire schematic for it and your machine has the same wiring according to the cover page. All the best to you. Simon C

  5. #5KSSS2023-12-30 01:28

    On those early Alpha series (I had a 2012 TR320). Open the steel access doors under the bottom of the machine. Clean it out and if the machine still has the remote oil drop extension on the oil pan, remove it and put in the plug the newer ones have. That remote extension will get dirt/mud built up which turns hard and will crack the oil pan when the engine flexes, because there is not much room for the extension before it touches the steel bottom. They learned quickly but those early machines were part of the curve. Ask me how I know, lucky it was under warranty. There were some EH issues but those were worked out.

  6. #6Simon C2023-12-30 15:13

    KSSS Funny that you tell about the bottom under the pan. The machine I worked on had the bottom side packed tight with dirt, that I had to work out. It had an oil line extension that wqs leaking under there buried in dirt. cleaned all up and no problem since for the owner. Simon C

  7. #7KSSS2023-12-30 16:13

    Glad it doesn't leak, but I would tell him to remove that. Unles you keep that clean under there, which no one seems to do (including me). He will crack the oil pan which is plastic, and of course you have to pull the motor to get that out.

  8. #8Simon C2023-12-30 19:01

    Good information, first hand. He bought it from the largest Case Dealer dirty like that, with the oil apparently changed. He was not impressed with them and the dirty planetaries that he got to see me dump out first time. It was all serviced according to them. Cab air filter was plugged tight. Good for my business. Simon C