Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

329D water in Exhaust

77Ford ยท 2023-12-28 11:23

I've got a 329D John Deere Skid steer that normally is parked inside. I had to leave it out in the rain for a few days and I noticed it blew some carbon out the exhaust on start up and there appeared to be some water in the oil. The exhaust is cut fairly straight up and down and doesnt seem like it would take much to allow water in the stack. I notice the 329E has moved the exhaust and has a bigger turn on the stack. Was this a common issue for the 329D? I guess I could try and put a flapper on it but I'd have to really work the cowl over I think as it opens around the exhaust stack. Any ideas?

Replies1
  1. #1Vetech632023-12-28 11:35

    Its more than likely rainwater or condensation. A rain cap would prevent that if you can stand the noise they make. You can always add a pipe extension to your existing pipe to allow for more room for a rain cap.