Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

@2012 Volvo EC300dl will not start

Billy Sossaman · 2021-10-05 10:33

I have a 2012 Volvo EC300dl excavator that will not start. Have replaced both computers. cleaned every ground wire i could find. Replaced ignition switch. When you turn on Ignition and put in code the anti theft comes up. Put in manual mode and it says the computer is not being read.

Replies15
  1. #1Billy Sossaman2021-10-05 10:44

    Has power to starter but will not turn over from ignition. Thanks for any suggestions

  2. #2Aarons812021-10-05 10:48

    Have you been able to manually jump the starter, to see if it engages?

  3. #3Billy Sossaman2021-10-05 11:41

    Yes Starter and solenoid work. it wikk spin over by jumping it

  4. #4Billy Sossaman2021-10-05 12:30

    Will not turn over from ignition

  5. #5Billy Sossaman2021-10-05 12:32

    Yes. Starter will spin by jumping it. Just wont engage from ignition.

  6. #6BigWrench552021-10-05 14:20

    When you said that you changed the ecu’s were they programmed to your machine or did you by some and just plug them in?

  7. #7Billy Sossaman2021-10-05 14:31

    Bought them programmed to the machine.

  8. #8BigWrench552021-10-05 14:39

    We’re they installed and then programmed or programmed before you installed them? It’s not common to have them programmed before they are installed, but it is possible. I ask these questions because there are a ton of things to go wrong to get where you are now.

  9. #9Billy Sossaman2021-10-05 14:54

    Was supposed to be pre- programmed be for installing. Sent all numbers for excavator and the correlating numbers for the computers themselves

  10. #10Kobelco ireland2021-10-05 17:07

    Did you purchase the ecu's from volvo

  11. #11BigWrench552021-10-05 17:13

    I am going to assume that they are not programmed correctly. Two things come to mind of when I seen that message on screen. I seen anti theft message when a new ecu is installed or when the vecu has lost power. These machines are getting smarter by the day. You can't just put a computer in even one from another machine. They are smart enough to know that it is not programmed for that serial number. On the chance of being wrong about not being programmed correctly. I will send you troubleshooting steps and schematics tomorrow. I can't do it now. I have a play date with my little girl.

  12. #12Billy Sossaman2021-10-06 08:27

    Thanks

  13. #13funwithfuel2021-10-06 19:27

    Are you the original owner ? Do you have a caretrack subscription? Are you able to put the pass code in without going to bypass mode? Did anybody kick the e-stop switch by your left foot? Have you checked the post by Tony Wells regarding the battery relay. Volvo EC250 EL Theory of Operation question Good luck.

  14. #14BigWrench552021-10-06 20:37

    Today was a long day and I wasn't able to put up some information. What is the story of this machine? Start from the beginning and to where you are now. Before we start chasing ghost a little background could go a long way. Start with posting a serial number. I can be of more help if I knew the story of how you got to the point of replacing ecu's.

  15. #15Billy Sossaman2021-10-06 20:53

    Not the original owners. It was our chances from a rental fleet by Volvo dealer. Can not put in the passcode without the anti theft coming up. Can flip the switch into manual mode and check diagnostics. Found out today that when we attached a ground wire ( a separate one) that the starter will turn over by ignition. Batteries had gotten weak so going to charge them overnight and try more tomorrow. Don’t know about an e-stop switch by the left foot.