Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 322cl Service manual

casby ยท 2021-10-05 11:50

Anyone know a place to get a used(cheaper) service manual for cat 322cl excavator? (prefix HEK) dealer price is $1200 CDN. I'd pay it but just wondering if there's a different option.

Replies10
  1. #1heymccall2021-10-05 14:33

    If you don't need the Whole manual, get the contents list and cherry pick just what you need. For example, the 930k has two different engines, depending on the serial number break. I certainly don't need both engine book sets. Plus they all include the O&M, which i already have. Having worked on Cats for 20 plus years, I usually only buy 3 or 4 of the manuals inside the set, as I never use the others.

  2. #2kshansen2021-10-05 15:13

    Not sure if this is an option but have you looked into downloading the manual in pdf format? Not sure if they offer it for Canada or what the exchange rate might be but for me in the USA I see I can get it for $583. Check this page and see if they can be of help: https://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=HEK Don't forget to read the paragraph near the bottom where it gives you a contact to download the info on the CD!

  3. #3casby2021-10-05 22:11

    Picking out exact sections I need would be perfect but the only place I've looked, I understood I download the whole manual which I wouldn't need. Which source would you recommend?

  4. #4heymccall2021-10-05 22:14

    You no have Cat dealer? Have them list for you the contents of the manuals. It ain't rocket science. It's actually the first page on the binder.

  5. #5casby2021-10-05 22:14

    I guess the cd version would be an option. Thanks, I'll look into that as well

  6. #6casby2021-10-05 22:17

    Yes, I have a cat dealer close by. I didn't know having them list the contents was an option.

  7. #7Nige2021-10-06 05:02

    The Cat Publication Number of the complete Service Manual for an HEK-prefix machine is RENR7180. Someone in the dealer technical department ought to be able to give you a breakdown of the individual document numbers that are contained withiin that manual.

  8. #8heymccall2021-10-06 09:14
  9. #9Nige2021-10-06 09:26

    I'll start off. The schematics, including all the optional stuff starting at the bottom of Page 1 & continuing on Page 2 can all be obtained from the HEF membership......... The aircon manual SENR5664 ought to be available online somewhere, possibly scribd.com if anyone has a subscription to that site.

  10. #10casby2021-10-10 11:30

    Always great info, thanks. I still want the manual for my convenience and I found a downloadable version on the "heavy equipment manual" website for $105.90 CND so I think I'll go with that one.