Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2013 Case 580N rear controls wont move

Cenni ยท 2020-04-15 09:36

I have a 2013 Case 580N. With the rear controls to bring them back towards the seat for a better comfort level for whatever reason wont move when you squeeze the adjustment handle. I've crawled under the backhoe, and took a look at the linkage, and it seems clean from dirt/mud. When under the unit i'll have someone try moving the joysticks, and you can see that there is a little movement, but wont work. If someone has any incite, or a schematic showing the components I can check that would help. Thank you

Replies3
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2020-04-16 13:39

    It sounds like your lock is not releasing, I think that is a cable going from your handle to release catch the end mount may be broke up top. Remove your cover and check it out.

  2. #2gggraham2020-04-16 13:50

    The pin on the end of the gas cylinder underneath is seized I bet. When you squeeze handle it pushes pin in and allows the cylinder to move. When released the pin pops out and locks cylinder in place. Also check cable adjustment.

  3. #3Dieselfinger2020-04-30 10:47

    It sounds like a seized bush bearings.The two control levers are connected to a shaft .You need to open floor cover to see the the shaft.You can use penetrating to lubricate the bushing on the shaft then you can move the levers slowly back and forth until its free