Hello everyone, Need some help I have a mini excavator and the most I use it it’s about 10h each year. When I lift the boom it drops by its self Seen some vídeos on YouTube and some people say it nigh be the hydronic valve I know nothing about mechanic and looking at all these hoses my head hurts Does anyone know with valve is for the main lift cylinder Thank you
If you can supply a machine Serial Number I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
Thank you
There could be several reasons for the boom to lower spontaneously, including the distributor spool. However, I would start checking the boom hydraulic cylinder rather than the distributor. The seals could be leaking.
Thank you for your reply I can feel and hear the oil going back tru the hydraulic pipe
I'm sorry to have to break the news to you but that data plate appears not to be genuine. If that is confirmed to be the case then the possibility exists that the whole machine might be counterfeit. I can see three or four places on the plate where details are not the same as they would be if it was genuine from the factory. For example the word "hydrolic" is not spelled that way - it's "hydraulic". Can you find any data plate or numbers on the engine.?
My mistake spelling The serial number that’s on the plate it’s the same one that its cast on the machine on the swing arm Thanks for you help
Do you have a photo of that.? No it was not your mistake. It's right there on the bottom line in the photo of the plate. Other red flags are:- 1. The PIN plate has no bar code on it. 2. The plate has rounded corners and the 239-6985 Part Number in the bottom LH corner of it comes up in the parts system as a Tube Assembly. 3. The text font for the model and the PIN Number are the same. They should be different. 4. The "zero" characters in both the model number and the PIN are actually a letter "O" rather than a zero. Cat's zeros are not circular and they have a dash through the centre of the letter. 8. The "8" character is the wrong shape. Compare the photo of the plate on your machine with the second photo which is of a plate that I know is genuine.
Very interesting. Could it be that the plate was simply restored as best they could because the old one was damaged? The serial number is real and matches the year of manufacture. If it's a fake, then other serial numbers found on the frame or engine are needed.
The old plate? I could eat a cookie that was dropped on the hydraulic manifold. There is no way that is a Cat plate.
Yes, the nameplate is fake, or the car would be fake too. To distinguish the nameplate from the car, you need to match three numbers. Here's a little trick: 1. MADE IN: "Country Name" is marked with a downward slash in the lower right corner of the nameplate. 2. Below the nameplate, there's a stamp that matches the nameplate number. If these two match, it's 80% authentic. However, there's also a high chance they've been altered. 3. There's a hidden stamp on the back of the car, located inside the underframe under the engine. Matching all three of these is 100% authentic.
Is the origin sticker there? As for the drift on a mini, I'd be more inclined to test the cylinder first.