Greetings, I have a new 301.8 ordered and trying to learn the machine. Does the hydraulic thumb use a pressure relief valve so as not to compete with the bucket/bend something, or is there a manual pressure adjustment on the valve stack for the thumb aux port? thanks
Do you have a serial number? Maybe not if you don't have the machine yet. These usually have 2 auxiliarys or 1 Generally if it has 1 it has relief valves but If it has 2 the second one which you'd use for your thumb won't have relief valves unless they are added in and adjusted
Thanks for your reply. I do have the SN of the machine and the build sheet with all the reference numbers. I see a reference to " 519-8333 Lines, 1st Aux, Long Stick" but no reference to anything about a 2nd Aux. Also "519-8542 Lines, Boom, Without BLCV" and "519-8550 Lines, Stick, Without SLCV" But also the reference to the Thumb 555-8424 Thank you.... .
Alright can I have the serial number I'll look it up
Howdy, I PM'd you the serial number. By the way, I'm in the U.S. an sold one of my historically significant 1970 BOSS 302 Mustangs (car) to a gentleman in New Zealand.. thank you .
Yes so single auxiliary machine, installation proceedure for the thumb explicitly states the relief valves on the bank(which you have see #2 in image below) should be adjusted after installation for the bucket to overcome the thumb at all angles. So you'll want to test that out, gently, when you get it and confirm they've done their jobs properly. Us New Zealanders certainly love our cars, not far off more cars than people here, what city did it go to?
GREAT, thank you very much, perfect info. When the machine arrives and carefully make certain that the bucket can overcome the thumb when I'm energizing the thumb. I'll report back .. Again, thank you! .