looking at a 2013 Cat D6T LGP with 10000 hrs, C9accert engine. Anything to watch out for (Ledcor machine) Thanks in advance
It will be due for DPF cleaning if not already done (every 5000) hours.
What all is involved with that? Costs associated are run it through a program?
Post a Serial Number please. It may be that you have a pre-emissions machine.
I'm not sure as I haven't had to do ours yet, but I think if you have the ability to remove it you can take to Cat and have them bake it. Replacement filter if I remember correctly is about $5,000 here.
Guess it would be cheaper to delete then
10,000 hours is a lot of hours. I would first be getting service and component history from the owner and looking through it with a fine tooth comb. There should be complete history of oil samples on file you can gauge wear trends. If not, sample all oils. Major components tend to wear out between 5000 and 15000 hours.
D6tjzjb01298
Have last oil sample, is there a benchmark to go off of?
Not really. Oil sampling interpretation is all about trends, not about one sample in isolation. You could post up those sample results if you like. Anything that stands out would be immediately obvious to the experienced members on here. The engine on your machine is full Tier 4 Final, not even T4 Interim. I would say that you need to take good experienced advice before making any decision as to what to do with the system. You may not be aware that in the US, where HEF is hosted, this system is legally-mandated. The position of the forum is that no advice will be given to members wanting to interfere with such systems wherever the member might be based. I appreciate that you are in Canada where different rules apply, but as far as the forum is concerned you are on your own on this one.
Dozer would be used on farm pushing trees, hopefully build a few dugouts, clean up some drainage ditch’s from days gone by,yard cleanup. Probably only2000-3000 hrs for the rest of its life. Good info on exhaust system.
Ledcor should have the complete service history on it. They are a big outfit that generally takes pretty good care of their equipment. They did enough undercarriage rebuilding back in the day they were featured in Stoody literature.
It’s on iron planet with iron clad insurance. Trying to bet some more info, not sure if I can. Haven’t bought using iron clad but I guess it’s another set of eyes
The thing that somewhat baffles me is why would someone spend an obvious shed-load of coin on the machine then throw it into an auction before even putting it back to work. I wonder if they found something esle major wrong with it that tipped the scales.?
From the little that I’ve seen since I’ve been watching, with Ledcor they seem to part ways with the dozers at 10,000. 10,005hrs or 10,450hrs but that seems to be their lucky number. But that’s only a years worth of my history
Something isn't adding up. Can't be a 2013 if it's a T4F. DEF didn't come into play until circa 2016? What year does your system claim for that serial?
Like I said in the other thread, this machine is not going to be very productive for anything you're trying to do. Even being an LGP that thing is going to be a pig in soft ground, and if you get into ground that it carries well on, that fat-ass blade is going to be tough to push. Will it push trees over? Probably be ok for 8-12" ones, but for brush, visibility is going to suck big time, and big trees are going to be hell on it because you do NOT want to be trying to cut roots around the base with the corners. That machine is very limited in what it's good at, namely pushing off topsoil in soft ground, pushing out fill/muck in soft ground, and reclaiming AS LONG AS you don't have a lot of rocks. That's about it. I'm an LGP guy. I have a Case 1150G and a 6N. I do everything with an LGP knowing it's hard on the rails, but I am in muck often enough I have to have it. I know what you're after, you want a big enough machine to push trees AND work in the mud, and those two jobs don't mesh. Been there, done that.
My apologies. I was looking at a Specalog for a later version of the same model. The machine in the auction is T4I specification, so no DEF. FWIW I agree with you that it's the wrong machine for the application the OP intends to use it for, on so many levels.
The farmers around here all like to have a D6R or t to clean up farmland. They also like the 320 cat hoes.