Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2013 Volvo MC110C Dumpster Fire Project

HugeGuyDustin ยท 2019-07-02 17:29

New to this but here I go! Recently purchased a 2013 Volvo MC110C off of auction. This machine is listed as having had been run on gasoline and is now an insurance claim auction listed as not running. First thing first is picking it up and getting it back to the garage. I have rented a truck and equipment trailer to retrieve it. I will have a 2000 lb come-a-long with me but I do not know how to disable the the parking brake and when I do if the mechanics of the drive train will let it roll. If this is like a truck brake and I can cage it then I know how to do that. I am planning on calling a Volvo service center to see if they have some advise on this (other than send us your CC number). The other part of this is getting started with trouble shooting a diesel engine that has had gas run through it. I will start off with draining the fuel tank and filling it up with diesel. Maybe bleed the fuel system, charge the battery and crank it over to see what happens next! (Cue black smoke, clanking and clunking) I doubt this would have been auctioned off if this is all it needed but I will probably need to do this to get enough clues as to what is the next step. Any advise, comments, or criticisms are welcome.

Replies4
  1. #1HugeGuyDustin2019-07-02 17:33
  2. #2funwithfuel2019-07-02 19:33

    You have to raise the cab, look for the travel motors . Back out the port reliefs a bit. That should allow you to move very slowly. The engine will probably need a complete fuel system. Gasoline is not kind to common rail fuel systems. The machine itself is a rebranded JCB. Your nearest dealer may be of help. If it is a 444 or is branded as ecomax, try to find an alternative power plant. They had significant issues. Good luck

  3. #3Jonas3022019-07-02 20:08

    Forget about a little com a long Pay the dealer to pick it up and set it on your trailer or hire a rollback to get it Soapy water on the bed when you pull it off at home or when you pull it up if you use a winch

  4. #4HugeGuyDustin2019-07-03 13:05

    Hey that is super helpful! It's at a Ritchie Bros lot. I think they will help me load it but I want to be prepared. I will have to roll it off when I get home though. Knowing that this is a rebranded JCB unit will help tremendously when I am trying to hunt down parts. I will check to see what engine this is running when I get it home. I am hoping damage is limited to the fuel system and not block or head.