Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2014 Bobcat t750

J&R Con · 2021-03-08 15:04

Hey guys, new to the forum here. I’ve got a simple question that has possibly a very extensive answer but here we go. I’m looking at buying a 2014 Bobcat t750 with 2900 hours. Problem is the engine, I am told, runs rough. Now I’ve worked on a good bit of Diesel engines and run them every day. But I have no idea just what I could be getting myself into on a 14 model Bobcat. Mainly the emissions scare me. Fuel issues I can handle myself just fine. My question is. What’s the worst case scenario for my wallet that this Bobcat could have behind the seat? Thanks is advance

Replies1
  1. #1mowingman2021-03-08 18:11

    The mechanics here at our Bobcat dealer in north Texas, tell us that any Bobcat with 3000 hours is about used. At least, if you want a trouble free machine that can work all day, every day. We had a T300 with 3300 hours, and they told us to start expecting problems. Sure enough, little things started breaking/wearing out. My son-in-law runs 5 CTL's in his fleet. He always trades them at around 3000 hours. He has also found that the 3000 hr mark is a good place to dispose of future problems. I would not buy it with those hours, if you want a fairly trouble free machine, capable of hard daily use. In fact, check out some newer used units with lower hours if they are within your budget. Try to get a pre DEF machine. No wait a minute. Definitely look for a pre DEF machine, or one with a lower HP that does not require DEF. Jeff