Hello everyone, today I was driving my case 580 SN to a jobsite noticed the steering wheel got tight. it comes and goes. can some tell me what the cause could be?
Two wheel drive or four ??? A piston in a/ steering cylinder may be unbolted from the rod. If it is, the cylinder may already be scrap iron.
The backhoe is a 4 wheel drive. Would this have anything to do with the steering box? Not quite clear regarding the ‘unbolted from the rod’ knowing that the is intermittent?
No, the steering hydraulic cylinder is totally separate from the "steering box". "unbolted from the rod" means that the piston is no longer connected to the cylinder rod because the bolt that holds it on is completely unscrewed. You need to have a knowledgeable mechanic determine what the cause of your problem is.
Not well versed in N series, but I think SN has the piston pump ( N has gear pump I know that for sure), if it is piston pump, it might be an LS signal issue. Dread head something in either loader or backhoe, and see if it’s gets better. If it does - that’s an LS signal problem. PS - again not versed well on N generation, but rest of the steering cylinders I know have solid made out of same piece of steel rod/piston, unless it’s broken in half - the only issue from cylinder you’ll have is blown piston seal.
Hello, today is the second day and it worst. Now the riggers has issue going down and pull up. Seems there is an issue with the hydraulic pump. I checked the fluid level and its ok. I’m new to backhoe so I’m not sure what to check for. I will have a mechanic check it out soon. Any experienced recommendations?
Is it pilot controlled or cable controlled DCV? If the backhoe is still strong - most likely it is not a pump.
It is the pilot control
Is outrigger valve bank separate from the backhoe bank, are outriggers also pilot controlled, or cables?
Another thing: even if machine has single gear pump - there should be a priority valve for steering, that can act up.
The entire system locking of hydraulic power. After ten minutes it all working ok again. Has anyone experienced this issue?
Pilot switch or its circuit. Trash in hydraulic tank.
Pump coupling problem.
hello, I drained the tank and it’s all clean, I changed the hydraulic filter which was clean. The problem still persists. It works ok I switch off the machine the following morning t start it and the problem back again (all hydraulic stopped) it’s there a main solenoid valve from the pump that distributes the oil?