Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580SE Backhoe need diagram of electrical wiring

HWS · 2024-07-12 05:25

Need electrical diagram for a Case 580SE Backhoe. New to site hope I'm doing this right.

Replies9
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-07-13 07:38

    Welcome to HEF ! Send me your email address in a private conversation. I will let you download the entire service manual from my Google Drive. Totally free of course.

  2. #2Morgenwacht2024-07-24 14:14

    Hallo. Tinkerer Wondered if you could maybe assist.... I have a question on a wiring diagram. I've asked our local auto electrician but he was of no help. Could you maybe explain to me what this means on a diagram. I am referring to the earth wire that loops around the other wires. Is this to earth the harness.... Much appreciated

  3. #3franklin22024-07-27 22:58

    That's called a "shield". Where do those wires inside the shield go on your backhoe? Most always those are small signal wires, with 5 volts or less on them, and they are susceptible to noise from other circuits. So they wrap that shield around those wires, and any noise hits the shield and is conducted to ground. For example Ford ran shields around their distributor wires to keep the ignition wiring and other wires from interfering with the small distributor timing signals.

  4. #4Morgenwacht2024-07-28 03:35

    Thankyou. that makes a lot of sense. The shields are wrapped around wires going to the Throttle motor and where the Cab wire harness connects to the engine wire harness. So I guess to wrap the wires with an exposed wire and rake it to the chassis to ground then. Great. thanx for the help.

  5. #5franklin22024-07-28 09:21

    For a homemade shield, I go to the parts store and buy some of that aluminum sticky tape that is a couple inches wide. Stick your bare wire along there and then wrap it with the aluminum tape. You can put the tape on backwards so the sticky doesn't insulate it from your bare wire. Or you can start it normally, and then lay your bare wire on top of the aluminum tape and then keep wrapping the tape, with about a 50% overlap.

  6. #6Chevarlok2024-08-21 02:15

    Check the manufacturer’s manual or contact their support directly. Sometimes, these diagrams are included in service manuals or online forums specific to the equipment.

  7. #7Chevarlok2024-08-28 10:43

    But if you're still having trouble, you can get professional help on websites like kanatautilitiesltd.ca . Having the right diagram is a must for any proper repairs and your safety.

  8. #8jessy580se2025-06-18 22:19

    Hey tinkerer, I was hoping you could help me out.my alternator is not charging. Could you help me out with the charging schemedic for case 580se backhoe? Thanks.

  9. #9Tinkerer2025-06-19 09:05

    Send me your email address in a private conversation. I will let you download the entire service manual from my Google Drive. Totally free of course.