Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2014 cat 289d code 2204-3

lucas haarstad ยท 2022-12-28 17:13

Auxiliary lever 1 position sensor voltage above normal. I am wandering the location of the sensor thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2022-12-28 18:02

    This might help. If you want an appropriate electrical schematic for your machine to assist with your diagnostics and identify connector locations, etc, that will require a Serial Number.

  2. #2Nige2022-12-28 18:16

    The PWM-type position sensor is located in the base of the joystick. To measure the sensor output will require a DMM capable of measuring duty cycle. If it is proved to have gone bad after carrying out the troubleshoopting procedure it will require a replacement base. IIRC they are priced at about $750 so take great care doing your diagnostics.

  3. #3lucas haarstad2022-12-28 20:12

    Okay sounds good it seems to work and then it does not then it does I will see if I can get serial number tommorow thank you

  4. #4Nige2022-12-28 21:15

    Electrical in a harness connector maybe.? If not then likely a PWM sensor starting to break down.