Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

LX665 Hydraulic oil filter warning light

SilvyLX665 ยท 2022-12-27 15:29

Hey all, I have a 1994 LX665 Turbo that keeps getting a hydraulic oil filter light warning light. I recently replaced the EIC with an aftermarket one purchased from ABC Groff. After replacing the EIC we began having problems with the hydraulic oil filter warning light. We have drained and filled the hydraulic system and replaced the filter 3 times, and also replaced the hydraulic oil filter restriction switch. Any help/new ideas to try would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Mark

Replies2
  1. #1ThreeCW2022-12-28 00:20

    I wonder if your aftermarket EIC is not compatible with the sensing unit on your hydraulic oil filter? I see on the ABC Groff website, that EIC board control panels are available as both a simplified EIC with warning lights and an audible alarm and as an advanced EIC board with all functions working as the OEM control board. Which board do you have? Have you been in contact with ABC Groff to assist with troubleshooting? Given the troubleshooting you have done so far, I'm wondering if you got a bad board? https://abcgroffinc.com/new-product...-86517004-86518067-86528256-86625315-87013063

  2. #2ThreeCW2022-12-28 00:32

    And now for a little brain storming ... I had an issue on the 2002 NH LS160 that I previously had ... I would have to buckle my seatbelt to start the engine, but before I could operate the controls, I would have to unbuckle my seat belt and the re-buckle it to be to operate the skid steer ... otherwise it would not function. I think it may have been a control board issue and lived with it for a number of years. When I went to sell the machine, I detailed it up really nice, pulled out and serviced the battery and reinstalled it. Low and behold, my issue of having to cycle my seat belt went away. It might not help but perhaps it is time to service your battery too to see if this resets your EIC back to proper operation