Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2014 cat 420f how do pull fault codes

BobbyD · 2023-02-06 12:03

Hi working on a 420f. Trying to figure out how to pull the fualt codes. From the little screen.

Replies7
  1. #1John C.2023-02-06 12:20

    I don’t know that you can.

  2. #2BobbyD2023-02-06 12:32

    That’s what I was afraid of. I see a book with a wrench and says 0hrs but the red ! Is flashing and won’t turn off. 0

  3. #3Nige2023-02-06 12:48

    IIRC there are some you can, some you can't. Post a Serial Number and I'll take a look. That sounds like the maintenance interval clock has counted down to zero and the machine is telling you it's due for service.

  4. #4BobbyD2023-02-06 12:55

    Skr03719

  5. #5Nige2023-02-06 13:09

    Sorry I was wrong the wrench indicates that the Monitor System is in Service Mode. The icon for "maintenance due" is one of an open book. See if the attachment is of any use to you. Apparently you can get to the Diagnostic Codes & Events from the Monitor Panel. This info is all in the Operation & Maintenance Manual that should be in the pocket behind the seat. I assume it's not there.?

  6. #6BobbyD2023-02-06 13:44

    Thank you I will head there tomorrow see if I can pull them. I appreciate the help.

  7. #7Nige2023-02-06 13:47

    Check to see if the O&M manual is there. If not a replacement is only about $50. Worth its weight in gold IMO.