Hey all, I recently acquired a JD 310d 4x4 backhoe that was kind of a basket case. I have done some work to it with quite a bit to go yet. I had to change a really leaky fuel injector and got to looking at the fuel return line. The fuel return line off the injectors is not hooked up to anything??? I followed the return port from the fuel tank and it is spliced into the return line from the injection pump. Does anyone have a pic or a diagram of how the fuel return should be plumbed? I did find a diagram online that showed the return line running from the injection pump up to the #1 injector then across the other injectors, but it did not show how it spliced into the fuel return hose to the tank. Also, there is a tee in the return "rail" between injector #3 and #4. Where is that supposed to go?? Thanks for any and all help. Eric
Welcome to HEF Eric !
Ohhhh, that makes perfect sense now. Thank you guys so much. On my backhoe the line from the injection pump is still there, but it is bent way out of shape and it is hose clamped to the fuel return hose going back to the tank. This will be a pretty easy fix with some hose and a couple clamps. I love this forum, I couldn't keep this backhoe running without it, you all are great. Thanks again.