Hello! I have an issue with the DPF regen. In the morning will run for 2 hours and then the blinking yellow exclamation point warning light comes on and also the def icon in yellow. The engine then sounds like it is in regen, but after an hour or so the yellow light stays on along with the def symbol, then the yellow exclamation icon turn to blinking red and the engine still sounds like it is regening. The next morning all warnings are clear and the process starts all over again. Engine runs fine and does not seem to have a power issue. Any thoughts? Thank you.
You should post a serial number up to start with. Some members on here have access to SIS and need that ID for get the right info. How many hours do you have on this machine?
Yep what John said post a serial number. Sounds like a DEF sensor maybe the tank heater. We've had 2 go out on our 325FL.
Thank you, S/N: KW000442, it is a 2014, does not use def fluid hope this helps.
Something is wrong with the Serial Number you gave. It can start with either KW2 or KWW which will be then followed by 5 digits.
Sorry, KWW00442. It has 4482 hours on it. Thanks.
It sounds like the DPF needs to be removed and cleaned or exchanged for a clean one. If so don't run it any more than you have to. If it gets too full the computer will lock you out in low idle and you will have to have a service person come out and reset the computer.
S/N kww00442, I have been searching for the dpf filter for this machine and Cat now only sells the whole assembly for $3100!! I spoke to several places and no one seems to have the filters, one supplier told me there are a lot of filters not being produced. Does anyone know of a source for the dpf filter? Also, would someone have the schematic , parts list for the hood, mine separated at the rear by the cab and I had to hold it up with tie straps attached to the rops. Thanks, Gary
Does the attached work for the hood.?
I had my cleaned and they cut it apart then rewelded.
DPFs (or at least some of them) can be cleaned. Have you investigated if there is any company providing that service local to you.? Maybe there is something in either Austin or San Antonio.?
Thank you Nige, the diagram is very useful. I have looked at some companies that clean them and that may be my only option. My mechanic will be looking at it tomorrow, it may be when the hood came loose it broke or chaffed a wire, will know more tomorrow. Thank you everyone!!
Hi Nige, would you have the instructions for the display? Can you see what codes are set from the display or any other useful information regarding the regen? Thanks, Gary
My 336E has a built in clock, telling me to have the DPF cleaned, at a given hour usage, regardless of its performance. On a 336E, it is 5k hours. Shirley someone here can see if that machine has the built in clock? Since you haven't indicated fault codes or events, can you check for codes and events? This thread is on 336E HeavyEquipmentForums
I'll see what I can dig up. Meantime - I take it you don't have an operation & Maintenance Manual for it.? It could be downloaded in pdf format for $49 from Cat. Probably the best $49 you'll ever spend. If you are interested I can post up "how to" instructions. Here's a few snippets, all from the above manual. Unless anyone else says different it looks to me like Cat ET is required to access Diagnostic Code and/or Events. There is no Harness Code Plug on this machine.
Thank you Nige, I do have the manual, just not with me at the moment. Appreciate all the help from everyone.