Good afternoon, I have a 2014 John Deere 323D . When I start the machine from cold, the throttle works fine after about half an hour or after using the machine for a while and shutting it down and then turning it back on again I have no throttle control. I have since disconnect the foot control without any difference. I have checked the service menu and when I have the throttle at zero, it shows a zero when I show it at 80 it shows at 80 so I know that’s correct. I have checked connectors X 11 and X9 for moisture, and I cannot see any. One of my concerns those on the X 11 connector it says it’s a six pin connector but when I look inside, I can only see five pins. Can someone check and confirm that there’s actually supposed to be six? Any other suggestions would be helpful No dtc’s Vin : 1T0323DKCDG242315
That is correct. There are only 5 terminals used on the engine side. One for the voltage to all 4 injectors, and one terminal for each injector for control (ECU switches the ground ON/OFF for injector firing). For the throttle, please check the X10 connector for moisture also. When the throttle quits, do both position sensors read as they should?
Thank you very much for the diagram and assistance. I have checked X 10 as well as rechecked the other ones that you had mentioned no water or moisture is evident on any of those connectors. Could it possibly be something to do with the fuel injection harness? How would I check to make sure that the signal is still getting to the injectors? What ohms or multimeter would I need to check and what wires ? Thanks again for all the assistance. Please see photos for connectors. This morning, I was able to fire up the machine again and had full throttle control. In the service menu I checked to see when it’s at zero and it does show at zero. Since the problem has persisted since I’ve removed the foot pedal I have reconnected the foot petal and next time the issue happens, I will disconnect the hand throttle above my head and see if that makes any difference. Is there a way for me to check with the multimeter that the signal is getting to the X 11 wiring harness? What do I need to do to check this? Thank you very much for all the assistance
Here are some more photos ( will only allow me to attach 4 at a a time )
Not likely. My experience has been when there are any electrical issues with the fuel injection system, there would be DTC's. No throttle after a restart is a sign of the foot pedal or dial not at idle position, or some erroneous reading from either the foot, dial or Service connector wiring. Leave the hand throttle plugged in. Answer this: when the issue is occurring, do the throttle readings in the monitor still read 0.XX at idle and 4.XX at full throttle and work smoothly as the dial is rotated? The only way is with an oscilloscope (see below). Again, this, in my opinion, is not your issue. All the injector issues I have seen that affected throttle control had DTC's associated with them. You need to focus on the throttles and their wiring. I guess it is possible the ECU could be an issue, but I have never seen the ECU replaced for that complaint. Example of a 4024 injector waveform.
Third picture with flat style pins has something wrong with top pin and connector is very dirty. Better clean that up properly and check if the pin is Damaged. Need to clean out that Deutz connector also. These kind of machines do not tolerate dirt in connectors. That means things need to be cleaned up before disassembly. Not trying to pick on you, just saying it doesn't take much dirt for a no go. Simon C