Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2015 Bobcat E35i X-change pin seals

Dodgeboy06 ยท 2023-07-31 17:30

Good afternoon, I have a Bobcat E35i Serial number AUYM12287 that I am looking for some suggestions/advice on how to disassemble the hydraulic bucket attachment pins. It has the hydro X-change system to pin the buckets on and they pins are starting to leak enough that I need to address it. Last time it was done by the dealer (about 4 years and 1500 hours ago) but I would like to take care of it myself. I do not have the service manual but if the feedback is good on the manual from Bobcat being useful I would not hesitate to purchase a copy. From what I can see it appears there is a snap ring that is not very accessible that needs to be removed in order to release the gland from the housing. I will be getting an exploded parts diagram when I pick up the parts in a few days but was looking for some real world advice on how best to approach this job. Thanks in advance for any and all help you can provide

Replies2
  1. #1phil3142023-08-01 09:51

    Maybe this is helpful.

  2. #2Dodgeboy062023-08-01 10:18

    phil314 Thanks for the link, that design is newer than the one on the E35 that I am working with but it is exactly what I have on the E50 I work on. I did gain the idea of using the green locktite from the video and wish he would have given the information on what socket he has as I have not been able to find one to fit yet. This still leaves me wondering on the older design that I have on the E35 as to what the best way to get it apart.