Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 35D joystick thumb rocker stopped working

YARDPRO · 2023-08-04 14:44

The thumb stopped working on my Deere 35D. I took the 4 screws out of the right joystick and pulled it apart. All looked good inside so I fired it up and the rocker switch worked. I reassembled the joystick and it did not work again. Long story short. I can assemble it, and move the top screw in or out 1/2 turn and it will work until I shut the machine off…then I have to turn the screw again for it to work. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for any help / advice!!!

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612023-08-05 06:35

    It is either a bad switch or the wiring is flexing somehow when tightening the screws. I bet it is the switch. Unfortunately, IIRC, the switch is not sold separately. You have to buy the grip.

  2. #2YARDPRO2023-08-06 12:23

    Thanks for your response! I guess I’ll take it apart again and pay extra close attention to the wires during reassembly.