Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

(2015) CAT (257)d Aux Hydraulic Electrical Pin Out

John Galt ยท 2020-08-29 10:43

Hi all, I'm trying to find the pin out for the d series and I can't find a conclusive list. I have the following from various sources. I'm specifically trying to confirm which one is the high flow trigger that gets jumped to B to trigger high flow without an electrical connection for a brush cutter, but I'd like to know what all of them are. (I apologize if I missed this somewhere, I've used the search (which hates "aux" etc. because it's too short) and googled everywhere which got me to this forum. B = Ground C = Right Joystick Top D = Right Bottom E = Left Joystick Top F = Left Bottom K = High Flow Trigger (jumper to be to force high flow) N = May be High Flow Trigger if K doesn't work I obviously don't want to jumper K if it's high flow power and blow fuses or worse. As an aside to the above since it's directly related, does the D series work with the new smart attachments like the Backhoe and grader? Or do you need the new D3 series? Thanks!

Replies16
  1. #1Nige2020-08-29 12:48

    First up, what's your machine Serial Number..? I'll send you an Electrical Schematic. Regarding jumpering to get High Flow when an attachment doesn't have an electrical connector, see below. Jumper pins F & G on the Work Tool connector.

  2. #2heymccall2020-08-29 13:05

    2nd to last post here HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3John Galt2020-08-31 07:38

    Serial #: DKEZW00682 From my investigations, on miine F is the bottom left joystick aux hyd button so jumpering those 2 doesn't seem to make sense?

  4. #4John Galt2020-08-31 07:39

    I've read it and there are 2 possible answers on that post and from what I've read elsewhere if you get the wrong one of those 2 it would cause a 12V short that would not be pretty and pop a fuse from what I can tell. Hence why I'm asking for specifics. One would think that each pin would be clearly documented somewhere....

  5. #5Nige2020-08-31 07:54

    I've sent you the Electrical Schematic that is specific to your machine Serial Number.

  6. #6John Galt2020-08-31 08:16

    Thanks! From the schematic CONN 35 goes into CONN 34 and I can see that it's either K or N that are high flow, but I can't find which is which from there. (or if it's K needs to be jumpered to N) Also looks like PIN A is wired to something, but it isn't clear what that something is. Maybe I don't know how to read CAT schematics, but CONN 34 is far as I can take it. Any help from there to know what A, K and N do? What am I missing from reading the schematic to know what those numbers mean?

  7. #7Nige2020-08-31 08:49

    CONN 35 is the work tool connector. That is the one located on the left side of the lift arm. CONN 34 is further back in the machine between CONN 35 and the ECM. Follow the wires from Pins K (460 BU) & N (481 GN) of CONN 35 all the way back to the ECM. C460 BU goes to J1 Pin 45 (High Flow Detect Switch), C481 GN goes J1 Pin 59 (Super High Flow Detect SW).

  8. #8John Galt2020-08-31 09:24

    Ok, so that clarifies what they are. It doesn't clarify what has to be jumpered to successfully tell it to go into high flow. It would *seem* to indicate that K jumpered to B would cause high flow and N jumpered to B would cause super high flow (whatever that is). Is that true?

  9. #9heymccall2020-08-31 13:02

    K to B 32gpm @ 4061psi N to B 40gpm @ 4061psi On my 262d3, I jumpered K to B to run my Alitec 24ATD planer. Works awesome.

  10. #10John Galt2020-08-31 13:08

    Right. But I don't think anything other than a 297/299XHP are capable of doing N to B at 40 gpm right?

  11. #11RTSmith2020-08-31 16:55

    When you buy the "jumper" attachment from Cat, which screws in & activates hi-flow, any idea if it is hi, or super high?

  12. #12heymccall2020-08-31 18:32

    A 272D XHP will do 40gpm. If XHP isn't optioned, the the 40gpm doesn't exist, and the N to B jumper does nothing.

  13. #13John Galt2020-09-01 09:50

    I'd guess that there are 2 separate part numbers for an XHP machine. One does k/b and the other does n/b. Cat will charge you at least $120 for it. You can build one from 2 parts online for about $40 delivered. Hence why I was figuring this out.

  14. #14Nige2020-09-01 12:55

    Slid Steer Genius can also be a good source for jumper harnesses.

  15. #15Nige2020-09-01 14:18

    https://www.skidsteergenius.com/

  16. #16RTSmith2020-09-03 12:38

    Understand. I have a 289D which is the XPS Hi-Flow, and a 299D3 Hi-Flow, but not the XE package. Both use the same Cat jumper. And yes, I paid about that $120 a few years ago for one. I made sure I got one with the machine this time. Ask for it after you've gotten the price quote, and it isn't $120 anymore. I was just wondering if I could get the 40 GPM, apparently not. Never hurts to inquire.