Hello, I have a 2015 CAT 259D and need to remove the front door and bypass the door latch switch in order to run a backhoe attachment. Is there a wiring harness plug or something needed to do this (and reverse the process when I reinstall the door)?
Thank you. Is there a plug / jumper that may be installed after disconnecting the door/door harness? So that it may be disconnected when reinstalling the door?
I thought there would be a Part Number. I was very surprised to find that there isn't, at least not as far as I can see. It is easy enough to make one. You require the following parts which list at a total of around $12 not including the wire:- 1 x 102-8805 Receptacle Kit 4 x 8T-8737 Plug - Seal 2 x 8T-8729 Pin (alternative Part # 9X-3401) a piece of 18SWG insulated automotive wire about 6" long, maybe less. 102-8805 Receptacle 8T-8729 Pin And as per the best of recipes - this is what you do......... Note - The 102-8805 will come with the green wedge removed. 1. Crimp an 8T-8729 Pin on one end of the length of wire. 2. The pin numbers are all marked on the back (orange) side of the receptacle in the illustration above. Insert the Pin into the hole marked "2" on the back of the Receptacle and push it until it clicks into the lock 3. Figure how much length of wire you need (maybe 3-4" maximum) and cut. 4. Crimp an 8T-8729 Pin on the other end of the length of wire. Insert the Pin into the hole marked "4" in the Receptacle as in Step 2. 5. Insert the wedge and click into place. (It will only go in one way) 6. Install one of the 8T-8737 Plugs into 1, 3, 5, & 6 of the Receptacle. 6. Connect the assembly to the existing machine Wire Harness. A useful "how to" video regarding Deutsch DT connector assembly.........
Thank you!
I just positioned a “donut” shaped magnet around the little black “box” on the door frame and am holding it in place with zip ties. The magnet seems to activate that “safety” switch
Did you do that so you could operate the machine with the door removed.?
Yes. Every youtube and other answers were for the newer machines and the jumper /bypass cable that was supposed to be behind the seat wasnt. So i determind the little blue box on the door was just a magnet. I played around with a couple different magnets but by moving the donut magnet around i found the sweet spot and zip tied it through the window opening. Two passes around.
What model of machine do you have.? If you post a Serial Number I can tell you whether or not it should have had that jumper as standard. They are known to go walkabout.
It’s a 259d sn # ftl01779. Thanks
It should have had a the jumper zip-tied to the connector on the floor behind the seat. The following note appears on the electrical schematic - "IF FRONT DOOR AUX HARN IS USED, REMOVE CH-C18 AND CONNECT CH-C10 TO A-C3; STRAP RECEPTACLE AS. CH-C18 TO CH-C10 FOR SERVICE REPAIR." If you want to make a replacement jumper the instructions are contained in Post #4 above.
Thanks again….i’ll do some more digging behind the seat. Who knows maybe it was used and tucked in the cab somewhere. In the meantime my zip tied magnet seems to work…..and if it stops working I’ll build a workaround.