Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2015 cat 299d2

cody hughes · 2022-01-09 17:29

523613-5 pressure relief valve line current below normal Machine goes into low power mode, turn off and turn back on and it runs fine for few minutes and then code pops back up. can’t find anything online on this, any help?

Replies13
  1. #1Nige2022-01-10 06:30

    Got a machine Serial Number.? Model years mean nothing with this equipment. Also please post a photo of what you are seeing on the Monitor Panel.

  2. #2Nige2022-01-10 06:46

    The attached might be of some use.

  3. #3cody hughes2022-01-10 08:48

    On scren

  4. #4cody hughes2022-01-10 08:57

    CAT0299dcfd200426

  5. #5Nige2022-01-10 10:07

    The procedure I attached to Post #3 should be what you need. From a brief look at the diagnostic it sounds as though there are not many serviceable parts in that assembly.

  6. #6cody hughes2022-01-11 18:39

    I haven’t dug into it but the problem only happens when I pull the trigger and put machine in high speed. If In normal or low, code will never pop up.

  7. #7Nige2022-01-12 03:29

    Just the E875 Code or both.? Try watching the voltage in the system when you are in high speed.?

  8. #8cody hughes2022-01-12 16:01

    Voltage stays about the same, now when I run it, the code I posted a picture of comes on right after I turn the machine on. Any guesses

  9. #9cody hughes2022-01-12 16:39

    Where is the relief valve and harness to the valve at on this machine? I can’t find a picture or any schematics

  10. #10Nige2022-01-13 03:48

    I'll send you a schematic.

  11. #11Chrisso2022-01-13 08:52

    It's most likely the fuel rail pressure relief valve.. this valve is NOT serviced separately from the fuel rail (from Cat anyway).. so if the valve is screwed, you're up for a new 458-9390 fuel rail, which like a dead bird does not go cheep. In the schematic Nige sent you, look up "pressure control valve"... it has two wires. The X985 OR wire is a common ground back to the ECM. Make sure it's good between the pressure control valve and where it joins up with its other X985 mates that run to the other sensors in the schematic. Don't ground it to the block or battery earth. The other wire is P841 GY... it's easy as it's just one wire back to the ECM (schematic shows it branching off but it doesn't reappear so I think that's an error in the schematic). Look at it, pull plugs, clean, plug back in, run a new wire, etc.

  12. #12rsantos32025-10-06 19:16

    Did you ever find out what was the issue? i have the same issues but i get a different message. I get aftertreatment #1 intake gas sensor heater control failure an on screen and when i scan it i get Fault code J1939; 1239 -FM! 1 engine fuel leakage 1 - data valid but below normal operating range. i use it for about 15 minutes looses power and turn off and back on and it works like normal for another 15 min or so and then same issue. I changed the fuel filter and looked for any leakage but nothing. i though it could be the fuel rail pressure sensor but cat is saying i have to buy they whole assembly thats like 1300. (part 458-9390) they dont sell just the sensor.

  13. #13Nige2025-10-07 03:37

    Look at this thread. It’s quite long but is pretty much the definitive guide to diagnosing the 1239-1 Diagnostic Code. HeavyEquipmentForums