Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2015 KW T800 HOOD

Rooster75 · 2026-07-17 22:24

Hello everyone!! hope all is well. I have a t800 and the hood is extremely hard to open. i checked with the dealer and they are saying its the torsion bar at the hinges. Is there another option other than the $1200 tube? My other trucks have springs on cables but they are older and are Internationals. wondering if KW offers something like this. Thanks in advance.

Replies7
  1. #1Coaldust2026-07-19 16:40

    No, there isn’t another option. Except, Try eating more biscuits and gravy as a counter-weight. Six months, and that hood will tilt much easier.

  2. #2Rooster752026-07-19 22:26
  3. #3Rooster752026-07-19 22:27

    do you know of an aftermarket supplier of this part?

  4. #4Coaldust2026-07-20 02:57

    Unfortunately, no.sorry. They are ridiculously expensive.

  5. #5Rooster752026-07-20 22:48

    OK Thank You

  6. #6crane operator2026-07-21 10:29

    I'm pretty sure my T800 has hood springs. I'll look at it later this week, and take some pictures. I think it has mounts on the top of the radiator. The springs are prone to breaking, so someone may have pitched yours in the past. They made a lot of t800's and I'm sure no expert on all the different versions. What year is yours, and what hood/ cab? Aerocab, high hood, wide hood, standard ? How about some pictures, especially the top of the radiator, and the inside top of the hood.

  7. #7Truck Shop2026-07-21 22:34

    Only money--part of owning. * https://bigrigworld.com/hinge-assy-torsion-l48-1053-100.html