I purchased this unit from an auction listed as running. Yes it did run but very weird what I had to do to make it run. The switch for releasing the hydraulics had to be simutaneously pushed while going from ignition mode (ON) to start position. If unit was turned off, I had to wait about 30 seconds before I could restart. So with this being said, I also noticed the hydraulic QC ram did not function. I was able to start it maybe 10 to 20 times this way, then came in one day to start, unit would turn over but not start. Thought fuel gauge may be bad, when I looked in tank had plenty. So then hurricane Milton passed through, a part of tree fell on unit, and now it does not even turn over. I have a scanner that I used to be able to read codes, now it does not communicate at all. The control panel eventually comes up with a caution in one of the pictures below. I checked fuses, I had two bad fuses inside the main fuse box in the cab. Still same. I did notice a burn mark on circuit board (never noticed before), so I am wondering during storm if something happened (electrical surge). I do keep battery switch off. Anyone out there have any experience with this machine. It is a john deere drive train engine model 4045HFL93a,b,c is what is says on sticker.. (seems odd) any advice? Thanks guys.
Well found problem, ecu was filled with water. Poor choice of mounting/drainage on manufacturer. Right underneath the exhaust manifold. ok so does anyone have any information on a John Deere drive line (Liebherr uses a 4045 deer drive train, ecu), specifically if I get a new VS used ecu will this require any type of programming.. Maybe a even a good shop that can repair unit?
The John Deere number is on the bottom. What is it worth. Is a few shops in America that could possibly repair. Simon C
Thanks for input. I ended up locating a brand new one for 1000. (great deal) Only issue is from Liebherr they say no programming is needed. I get an ecu fault error code now. I am assuming it is because of programming. Local dealer does not seem to have ability to program. Any one out there know or have dealt with this.