Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2015 Terex PT110F

Lakedweller ยท 2018-03-12 10:36

Good morning all. I have a 2015 Terex PT110F that runs a Fecon grinding head. The machine has plenty of power and there are no codes or lights indicating any kind of problem. I can run the machine for hours on end without any indications alerting me of issues. However, the machine does not repsond to my control inputs as it should. There are maddening delays when I go to turn in either direction or when I go to lift/lower the boom or open close the attachment. It ultimately does whats asked, it just does it when it feels like it. The machine is also very jerky when if finally decides to listen cuasing me headaches getting jerked around in the cab. I also have a 2010 Terex PT100F running the same attachment and have run it since new. It never behaves this way. If I didn't have the other machine to compare, I might thnik its operation is normal. Can anyone shed light as to where I should start. We've only had this second machine for a few months and already no one wants to run it because of these issues. It's even a little dangerous as sometimes it lurches when just going forward or turning etc. Hard to operate close to things you care about and definitley not safe near guys working nearby etc. Thanks in advance, Greg

Replies4
  1. #1f311fr12018-03-12 21:51

    How many hours on the machine? Check your joy stick pilot control. When my ASV RC85 got jerky I replaced the joy stick and problem solved. You can look up the part # at Track Loader Parts in GA. They usually have them in stock. Mine was about $800.00. My machine had about 1500 hours on it when this happened. They also have what they call a logic block that goes between the mecanical upper part of the joy stick and that the hose lines hook to. It worked for me once but not twice. That being said just replace the entire joy stick. Also how often do you service you machine and do you replace the hydraulic filters at every service?

  2. #2Lakedweller2018-03-13 08:29

    Thanks for the response. There is just over 1400 hours on the machine. I run it in ISO mode as that is what i'm used to. Jerky and non responsive inputs are occuring on both levers. the left lever of course gives fits when trying to turn or move forward or backwards. The right lever is for boom and bucket movements. Both sides seem to have this maddening delay and then they go but in a jerky non precision way. Even with the high flow turned, you can go to raise the boom and it will start to rise, then stop for what feels like an eternity, then continue. Same behavior with the drive lever. Seeing as both levers are behaving similarly, it seems both levers failing with similar symptoms would be very unlikely. Is there anything further up the chain of command that could affect both levers simultaneously?

  3. #3mikebramel2018-03-13 13:32

    Check that your pilot pressure is being maintained to your joysticks

  4. #4f311fr12018-03-14 22:52

    Does this machine have a pattern changer? If so check to make sure it is totally engaged. Maybe shift it to see if this has any effect on the problem.