Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2015 Volvo d11 low power

Junk runner · 2024-10-03 00:28

I bought a volvo with the d11 engine and it has low power after 10 minutes of running. I bought the truck knowing it was this way and it has been deleted for a couple years by the previous owner. They have tried a different computer plus a couple sensors. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1Cliffy2024-10-03 05:20

    my guess is a bad delete. Depending on the flash, a lot of rogue deletes just delete the error codes related to the scr/dpf/egr with out charging the actual program. I would contact a few different companies and ask how they do there deletes and get your ecm reflashed to a non emission file rather then a modified file.

  2. #2Cliffy2024-10-03 05:31

    Then again, why was it deleted in the first place. Low compression, burning oil, worn injectors, bad temp sensor, turbo waste gate, split intercooler.

  3. #3funwithfuel2024-10-03 15:03

    No error codes?

  4. #4Junk runner2024-10-04 09:54

    The truck doesn’t throw any error codes itself. I haven’t had it to a shop yet to put it on a scan tool. It ran with no problems for two years after the delete. I’m not sure why he deleted it.

  5. #5funwithfuel2024-10-04 09:59

    Let's not keep mentioning the exhaust, just focus on the issue. Have you any way to measure fuel pressure at the cylinder head? Do you have a racor or diesel pro fuel filter on it? Can you measure fuel restriction? These will usually throw 128-96- xx. Doesn't mean it has to. Is your engine equipped with I-EGR? Let's start from scratch

  6. #6Junk runner2024-10-04 21:59

    It has a diesel pro filter. It has the externally cooled egr. They put a new fuel filter housing on it as well. I’ll have to get a new gauge to check the pressure my truck was stolen a couple years ago and that’s something I hadn’t replaced yet. Do you happen to know what fitting I need to check the pressure at the head. I don’t have a fuel restriction gauge but might be able to come up with one.

  7. #7funwithfuel2024-10-04 22:28

    I usually just drill and tap the supply banjo screw and fit a test fitting to it, that way it's always there in the future. Should see minimum 65 psi. As a rule, I don't want to see more than 4" negative pressure going into the lift pump at idle. And not more than 6 full throttle full load.