Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Autogreaser Grease

Hunter013 · 2024-10-03 07:39

My whole fleet runs lubecore autogreasers and I get the grease from the place that does all the installs and repairs. They charge $830 for a 120lbs keg of the EPO grease. Can I use any other EPO grease I can find or go through my bulk oil distributor?

Replies2
  1. #156wrench2024-10-03 09:34

    I used to have a couple Groeneveld systems and the recommended grease was NLGI 0. #1 or 2 was not recommended by them. Maybe in warm climates a #1 would work but anywhere that has winter i would stick with the #0. I was warned to never let them run out as they could be a real pain to prime again. I used the Groeneveld grease but i don’t see why any other NLGI #0 wouldn’t work

  2. #2Nige2024-10-03 11:01

    You can use any EP grease that is classified as NLGI 0. This is necessary to ensure pumpability. In really cold winter conditions you may have to go with an NLGI 00 which is somewhat thinner and easier to pump in really cold weather. As an aside in Arctic conditions we had to resort to an NLGI 000 to get it to pump. Does the autolube supplier recommend the use of a molybdenum disulphide grease.? There are seven specs that can be used to compare greases from different suppliers. See the attachment in the first post in this thread........ Grease Selection It is a common question for someone to ask what the correct grease is for a particular application. Of course there's no such thing as "one size fits all" when it comes to grease. Hands up, how many people can say that they can look at a manufacturer's data sheet and compare one product to... HeavyEquipmentForums