I have had three sessions of working my new 310L, and find that it's getting easier to operate each time I mess around. I do notice that the left joystick seems to be much more sensitive to movement than the right. I have to be very careful to be gentle with that control to avoid moving things too quickly, or bouncing the tractor around. Is there a way to adjust that sensitivity so it matches the other joystick? BTW, dug out a 16 inch boulder with the back arm, and it moved it as if it was a hot knife through butter. I was amazed at how powerful that arm really is. Thanks'
Did you get a operater manual with it? Looks like Deere makes you buy them online. They have them online for the green stuff.
Easiest way to reduce control sensitivity is to idle the engine down some. Easy to jerk the bucket around if idled up too high.
I was runnng at 1500 RPMs.
I suspect I'm at 1200 or even a little less on mine. I often times have people nearby rigging or with a shovel and we all like smooth movements.
I'm sure your Deere is different from NH but my left stick functions are more sensitive than the right also. I just had to be careful and learn it. I still jerk it sometimes.
Maybe it's because the operator is right handed makes it appear to be more sensitive? I'm not worth a damn with my left, could be contagious. Joe H
And me being left-handed, that might explain why I never noticed it on John Deere.
I'm with NH575E and I'm on a NH myself, but I rarely idle down, just learned to make smaller movements. I do get impatient if working around others who get impatient with me swinging the boom around. I've been in situations several times where people will direct me a bit and while they are out of the general line of fire I still try to go as slow as possible finding the sweet spot. That means it may take 5-10 seconds as I move the lever to the spot where the boom, stick, or bucket start actually moving but then it's incredibly precise and controlled.
We were laying pipe and the contractor on the job had a brand new CAT 4x4 backhoe. Plumber was in the hole connecting pipe while a young guy was at the backhoe controls with the idle way up. Yep, backhoe operator hit the plumber in the side of the head really hard swinging the backhoe uncontrollably. After quite a delay clearing the cobwebs, plumber stood back up and operator got the idle down.