I have a 2016 bobcat t770 skid steer. After running the machine for about 15-20 minutes, it throws the code d3905 and sometimes simultaneously d3907, causing it to stop moving. I can then hit the press to operate button and it will continue to run for about 10 minutes and then throws the code(s) again. This continues to happen and runs for about half the time it did prior until it stops altogether and requires a machine shutdown for many hours or seemingly until the machine completely cools off. The left joystick itself has been replaced but it did not help. Calibration also did not help. Any help or ideas appreciated.
As you know, those codes point directly to a failed joystick. With a new joystick, and consistent heat / runtime related failures I would suspect the SJC controller. Possibly you could contact Isoscell to see if if they can test and or repair the controller.
Thank you for the response. If you have used Isoscell, are they priced well enough for it to be worth sending it in for testing?
Based on the repair costs listed on their site, I could probably buy a new one for not much more than the repair, but it would be nice to have it tested.
That is about right. The other variable is that a new controller may need to be programmed on the machine by a bobcat dealer. An item that does not need programming and is in stock ( ie your joystick) we have moved to buying new, because repaired is still used ( but fixed).
If I am not able to find another solution, I will give this a try. Thanks
I managed to find a used (but working) SJC on eBay for around $300, paid bobcat dealership $160 to program it and everything seems to be working great. Have only used it for about 2 hours at a time but haven't had a joystick code since. It was happening consistently within 30-45 min of runtime, prior. Thanks for the help!