Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 430 skid steer left joystick malfunction

Markalot ยท 2026-02-08 00:47

Hi, I am new to this but hope to explain my problem. I suspect that the lock out solenoid for the left-hand joystick in my case 430 skid steer is bad. While using a rock bucket the lift control stopped allowing shifting outward (left from center) which raises and lowers the bucket arm. However, the right hand control and the drive function are working fine. I have researched the possible issues: fluid (full) , fuses (good), relay (working), lockout solenoid, door switch (no door), Seat switch (other controls work fine), lap bar (other controls working fine). I have checked the fuses and the relay (also hydraulic fluid level). I find the repair manual for this machine rather burdensome to understand but I have reflected on what it says. My current understanding is that the lock out solenoid is under the cab and that raises my problem: How do I get the cab open (up) when the arms are locked-out by the joystick malfunction? The bucket tilt works fine but, the override cable does not allow me to engage the arms to raise which is what I assume it should allow when pulled. I don't think the cab opens while the arms are down. Am I incorrect? It is a Case 430, I think it is generation 2, it has linkages attached to the control arms in the cab. My memory tells me it is a 2007/8.

Replies2
  1. #1bad Tom2026-02-08 09:57

    You are correct, the loader must be raised to tip the cab forward. There are a couple of ways to raise the loader. You can have some hoses made and use the hydraulics from another loader or tractor to raise it, or remove the loader pins and use a chain hoist or another loader to raise it and make sure it is secure before doing any work on it. Another way is to remove the cylinder hoses and make a large mess as another machine raises the loader. It does sound like the spool lockout solenoid is bad

  2. #2Markalot2026-02-11 12:16

    Thank you bad Tom. I think you are correct and thank you for your thoughts. it's gonna get sticky.