Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2016 Case SR210 bucket controls freezing, no response

Max Ludwig ยท 2023-02-03 09:12

Hello to All! I recently purchased a 2016 Case SR210 with about 3000 hours on it mainly to move snow at my small business. The machine runs well and the controls are electric over hydraulic, which I'm not fond of (I'm used to straight hydraulic), but for pushing snow around the parking lot it's does just fine. A few days ago I was lifting and pushing-back some big piles of snow, working her pretty hard, and suddenly while lifting a heavy load of snow the bucket controls went dead/unresponsive. I could still move the machine around, but I couldn't move or lift the bucket up or down. I tried turning off and turning on the motor to reset the machine, but that did not work. So I tried disconnecting the battery at the master switch, waited 10-20 seconds, then reconnected the power, started her up and the controls worked again. After that, I was careful not to push her too hard, but she did it again 2-3 more times and I had to reset her the same way in order to get the controls to work again. I'm fairly sure that the problem is electrical due to the fact I can reset the controls by disconnecting the battery. But I'm not sure if this a common problem with this particular machine, just a bad breaker, some sort of safety control or something else. I do have the complete Shop Manual for the machine, but it's two phone books thick, and I'd figured I'd start here for some help and guidance first. Thank you in advance for your help! Max

Replies6
  1. #1KSSS2023-02-04 10:49

    If your machine has a cab, I would say that the door lost connection to the magnet. When that happens it prevents the loader arms from working, but you can move the wheels. It certainly sounds like a safety switch flipping for some reason. Pushing it hard isn't really an issue. The 210 is a very solid machine.

  2. #2Max Ludwig2023-02-06 09:08

    Thank you for your response KSSS. I will check-out the door and make sure there is no problems with the wiring and report back.

  3. #3KSSS2023-02-06 15:05

    I forgot to mention this. As long as someone hasn't removed it, there should be a dead end plug at the side of the door where the wiring comes from cab to door. If you unhook the plug in from the door and put that dead end plug on the other plug it should operate. The purpose of this plug is if you remove the door, and you plug that it in, it allows the operation of the machine. However understand that you can rip the door off if you lift the loader arms up with the door open.

  4. #4Max Ludwig2023-02-06 16:19

    Thanks again KSSS. I will check it out. Also, I'm glad to hear you have a positive opinion of this model machine ('very solid machine'). It seemed solid when I tested it out before I bought it, but you never know when buying a used machine.

  5. #5Max Ludwig2023-03-23 00:51

    Your suggestion about the door loosing contact with the safety switch seems to have been correct. I was plowing some heavy spring snow today and I lost control of the bucket again. I simply opened and then slammed the door shut and the controls responded normally. Thank you very much for your helpful response!

  6. #6judithwdailey2023-05-05 03:14

    It sounds like you have an electrical issue on your hands. It is possible that there is a breaker or safety control that is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced or reset. It is also cause by if the machine is not adequately guarded and overloading the electrical system. I would recommend checking the machine manual to see if there are any specific maintenance or safety steps that need to be taken and checking to make sure all the machine guards are in place and functioning properly.