Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL150 No Hydraulic response

Clayton Holder · 2023-02-02 18:59

I have a 2008 TL150 that I was having fuel issues causing it to shutdown intermittently. After restarting the joysticks would have no response for about 30 seconds. Yesterday, it shut down and I was able to find the problem within the fuel system, fixed the problem, now after starting I can get no hydraulic response, you can tell the pump is pumping, I have bypassed the lap bar safety switch and checked continuity through out the system and everything seems to be checking out. Call the Take dealer and he said to check the safety solenoid inside the hydraulic system but was unable to tell me which solenoid it was as the manual does not say specifically. How can I find this solenoid and test its functionality. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2023-02-02 20:48

    Under the left pilot control. If you remove it, don't lose the floating/ loose pin inside there. It's the front most, on a stand off block. The pin only comes with a new solenoid. Cab up, seat bar down, there should be 12v to activate coil, and it goes away when the seat bar is raised.

  2. #2Clayton Holder2023-02-02 21:17

    Thank you much, will investigate tomorrow, what’s the best way to tell if the solenoid itself is failing?

  3. #3heymccall2023-02-02 21:40

    They're generally all or nothing. Is there 12v and ground, when seat bar is down? A multimeter can be used to measure resistance of the coil. Being a coil, the center will be mildly magnetic when energized, so it will slightly attract a screwdriver shaft.