Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2016 Pete 337 no start

Greasyfitting ยท 2023-04-05 20:14

Hey everyone , I have a Peterbilt 337 with the PX9 engine the truck has brand new battery but won't start. I checked the starter solenoid with the ignition on it's receiving the same amount of volts that the battery is putting out. I tried the screwdriver on the solenoid trick but no luck just a solid clicking noise coming from the starter. Currently I'm looking for a starter relay to see if that could be the cause I can't find it in the manual for the truck. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1Truck Shop2023-04-05 21:47

    Pete liked to use a square plastic starter relay mounted just left of center on left side firewall. But if you jumped the solenoid at the starter more than likely a bad bar on the armature. Possibly a MT39.