Trying to adjust the clutch in my old Dodge 900 and after removing the lock I can't get the ring to move any clockwise,but I can move it back counter clockwise. Am I right in the assumption that there is no adjustment left and it's time for a new clutch?
Could be-but the internal adjustment ring on 14 & 15" clutches if run in dirty conditions plus the clutch dust will fuse in the threads of the clutch cover. Sometime a long blow gun stuffed in the cover and blown out will work, sometimes not. It's probably has a Rag type clutch material anyway, and is mostly worn out. Who knows how old that clutch is. Probably a 14" pot type angle spring.
As TS said, somtimes they’re seized so bad the only solution is to pull the clutch and replace it
I finally got it freed up and I went one notch clockwise and my pedal was closer to the floor,so I backed up one notch from the starting point and that helped a little,still not getting much brake affect trying to get in low and reverse so I'm going to back off another notch,it does not slip so I'm wondering if the previous owner just had the adjustment off.
Clutch trouble shooting Can the moderators or would the moderators put this link up with a sticky, so people with clutch questions can go to this link. It has the best information there is and can answer any question regarding 14" and 15" pull type clutches... HeavyEquipmentForums
A lot of times, an inexperienced guy will unknowingly adjust the linkage instead of first doing the correct internal adjustment first
Correct-if internal isn't right the linkage adjustment will be wrong.