Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2016 Takeuchi TL8 Dead sticks?

xx45xx ยท 2020-10-24 20:19

Using a erskine 12" tree shear on my TL8 i've had about 6 months, she has been real good to me in land clearing but had an accident with a 5" Limb that landed on my 14 Plug connection and smashed it all to hell. already got the new one on the way but the second it happened, all hydraulic response stopped, as if the seat bar was up. Is there a reason for this? or am I missing something? Unit has 1350 hours on it. I've got the old plug off for the time being and have all cut wires taped separate. already pulled the positive lead off the battery to reset and don't have any codes on the engine or computer. I want to apologize in advance for being first post here, and having a problem for you all to look at, hopefully I can share my experience when I actually get some worth sharing. Thank you.

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2020-10-24 22:14

    My gut says blown fuse.

  2. #2KSSS2020-10-25 00:13

    Yes you could have blown a fuse, my other thought is when the connectors got smashed they contacted each other and shorted themselves out. You might isolate the wires and see if it works. If not the short probably did blow a fuse.

  3. #3xx45xx2020-10-25 13:14

    yep blew a 20 I shouldve checked it before posting, thank you a bunch back up and going