My 259d seemed to have a left track issue, momentarily showed a left track speed control error message, then lost all movement. Engine runs fine. Check of error messages shows no active messages. I shut machine down and disconnected the battery (I have a cutoff switch) thinking I might reset something. Starts right up, runs fine. Nothing moves ... no hydraulics for movement of any kind (tracks as well as arms and attachment). Where do I go from here?
Does the radiator fan spin? No: couplings out Most likely considering the arms dont work either.
I don't recall if the radiator fan was spinning or not ... will have to go out and look. Machine is out in the woods, of course.
Fan turning
My error log shows an E568-2 sometime in the past as well as an E570-2 and an E571-2. But I had it worked on several years ago. I don't know how old these messages are, and they are down the list from a couple of water in fuel error messages in more recent history. The E568-2 looks like the short lived message I got before I shut down, but not sure. Why would it not stay active, if that is the case. Would that shut down all hydrolics (other than fan)?
Can you post a machine Serial Number please. Going back to this one the radiator cooling fan test really requires two people because you have to start the test with the engine stopped. One to sit in the seat and start the engine, the other at the back of the machine with the engine compartment door open to watch the fan. When the engine starts the fan MUST start rotating immediately. As Tyler said above, the fact that you have no drive or implements plus no Codes or Events in the warning system is a prime indicator that the drive coupling has let go. There are a series of four Events E568-2 thru E571-2 that all relate to the drive system. Basically each different Event is reporting a mismatch between a joystick input and the relevant drive motor speed sensor signal. None of these four Events should stop the machine driving and would have nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that the implements are not functioning.
Fan not turning. SN 0259DLFTL12220
Ha. Drive coupling she done broko. The splines inside the 345-3548 will have disappeared. It is made from a type of hard plastic and is designed to function as a fuse to protect more expensive parts however it's not unknown for them to simply give up the ghost. How many total hours on the machine.? Depending on how you are for something to lift with the options are either pull the engine & pumps out of the machine and split them once out. This is the way the service manual states to do it. OR get in from the cab side and pull the pumps. Neither way is simple. If you want procedures from the manual, ask away.