The return to idle when not operating the excavator, now goes to full throttle. When you stop operating the machine in a in a few seconds the motor revs up to full speed and stays there. It used to return to idle when you stopped moving the controls. Does anyone know if I have a setting in the computer to change that? I couldn't find anywhere in the operators manual. Thanks for any help or ideas!
If the engine has been stopped and restarted before the governor motor resets, it can temporarily confuse the feedback circuit. Turn the dial to 1, stop the engine and turn off the battery isolator. Wait a couple of minutes and try again. Let the monitor go through its power up sequence before you hit start.
I'll bet THAT made yer azz pucker the first time THAT happened..Lol.!!!!
Thanks for your help I will give sure try to get the brain to reset it's self that way. I will let you know what happens. I will get the serial number today.
Cmark, I tried what you said and after a few times it now goes to idle when you are moving any lever. When you raise the lever that engages the hydraulic it will idle for two minutes then go to full throttle. As soon as you push the lever down to engage the hydraulics it goes to idle. I tried shutting off the machine when it was idling, when it was running full throttle, with the lever up or down. Then shutting off the main power and waiting, still goes to full power after two minutes. Any more ideas, or just shut it off when getting out of the cab for more than two minutes? Thanks for your help, at least it is better than it was. SN CAT0305EHH5MO2359