Trying to replace the grease line for slew bearing, but cannot find where the heck the line goes. I've went underneath, tipped cab forward, put the arm to every position possible to try and get a view and nothing. Dealer had no idea either. Pulled up all schematics, it shows it should be somewhere in the back left area but I cannot see it. The line got damaged and I can't get a new end to stay on to grease it properly, so just want to replace entire line. Anyone have any idea where it goes to?
In front of rotary joint, near cab side slewing arm.
Thanks, I found that drawing too, but I can't find where that actually is? Where would I access it from? Up top with cab tipped, through the bottom, or from the front where the arms are?
I believe it is through the slewing arm opening. I won't be back to my TB53FR until Wednesday or so to snap picture.
Ok will have to take another look. Do you mean by the side to side boom? Through there? And just likely need to get it in the proper position and it should be on the bottom side?
Good day Please see attached may be helpful, the grease for the final drive on small machines is often there until the machine is split. Kind regards Uffex
If it's like the 180fr I just changed all the lines on it's a pain. It runs in the area of the slew arms. Its difficult to see and get too.
That drawing does make sense with the other. I googled the 180fr seems like it should be the same as it has the side to side boom. I am assuming the best way to access it would be with the arms all the way to the right and there must be some kind of cover that it is in? The lines sure are a pain. I've stopped used 2/3 for the arms. I just put a grease fitting directly on them, pain to grease but it's not that often. I found every few months they would pop off and I got tired of fighting with them. This way I know they are getting greased well.
So you took the lines off and crawl in under the boom between the two slew arms and reach in to grease the inner arm pins every day? If so then that is some dedication.
I don't grease the side to side everyday. Around every 50 hours, or I grease them if i'm using them that day. I rarely use it anymore though. The left arm is easy, put the arms to the right and it's easy to get to, the right arm has never popped off and is still ok, the ram in the center is a absolute bear to grease and I swear a few times but it is what it is. Now that i'm getting new line for the slew bearing made up, thinking I might get new lines for the other 2 made up.
Finally found it. It is in the general area where the diagram says but sure is poor. Was buried in some dirt. Glad it's done and should never need to be done again because it's such a poor design and difficult to get to. Thanks for the help everyone.