Battling gremlins today. Was using the machine to do some landscaping. Ran fine. Shut it off for 30 minutes and now it cranks no start. The only recent alert has been engine speed sensor intermittent signal. Machine has all new fuel filters and transfer pump is new. The transfer pump is thumping on key switch turn. What should cranking rpm’s be? I am seeing 220 but was wondering if there is a threshold for rail pressure to be achieved. The static voltage on the battery is 12.3 but quickly falls to 11.6 while cranking.
I would check the speed sensor wiring. Seem to recall there was possibly 2 of them. I vaguely remember there being a TSB on some Cat skid steers where there was issues with speed sensor wiring. If you can provide a S/N someone with SIS access might be able to look into it further.
Engine speed sensor has been throwing intermittent alerts. It hasn’t caused a no start condition before. Still looking for feedback on engine cranking speed that it needs to attain to start. Installing a new battery right now. Old one less than 2 years old but voltage falls off dramatically while cranking. Checks good on a load test but on the low end of the scale.
Changed battery and fuel filters. I have fuel on the output side of the canister filter when lift pump cycles. Almost as if I have a permissive flaked out on me. Will the door switch allow it to start but not move?
The door (and seat) switches only affect the implement circuits, not the engine operation.
I wouldn't worry too much about 11.6 volts while cranking. If it were in the 10's I'd be a bit concerned.