Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to prime 289D fuel system after engine removal?

FLYWHEEL PRIME ยท 2024-07-10 07:37

I pulled the motor out of my 2016 289D, did some maintenance, put it back in. I'm planning on restarting today after fluid/filter change. I'm not very familiar with these motors or fuel systems, is there a manual priming pump somewhere I need to use before I restart?

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-07-10 07:54

    Turn the key from OFF to ON. You should hear the electric fuel priming pump run.

  2. #2FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-10 07:57

    Much appreciated, was hoping it was that easy, no cracking lines or any of that jazz.

  3. #3Nige2024-07-10 08:55

    That's how it SHOULD work, but if you turn the key on and hear nothing then you are in for a bit more work than you planned.

  4. #492U 34062024-07-10 14:17

    With HPCR fuel systems it is highly advised that you do not crack injection lines loose. They are normally a single use line unless stated otherwise.

  5. #5FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-07-10 16:41

    Thanks to both of you for reply, everything started back up fine on first try.