Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2018 cat 259d auxiliary control not working

Maximusprime ยท 2025-08-27 20:20

Hi Does any one have any wiring schematics for the round know that moves the an auger attachment left and right? I took apart the control and it worked for a minute or so then it stopped Im trying to see if its the magnetic knob or a wire that is loose? Ive had some codes up for a while but didn't effect the machine running The codes I have right now are 458-3 tilt cylinder rod end pressure sensor voltage above normal 41-4 8 voltage dc supply voltage below normal Hi Does any one have the wire schematics for the auxiliary control know? For some reason its working when I have an auger attachment on. i took the jotstick apart and then played aroubd with the magnetic knob and it worked for about 2 minutes im wondering where the wires go to. Its a 4 wire hardness/connector. the codes I have now are 41-4 8volt dc supply voltage below normal 458-3 tilt cyclinder rod end pressure sensor voltage above normal E695-3 Unexpected Motor Speed Detection Disabled Drive speed The machine has been running fine except for the auxiliary control Thanks in advance 102-4

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2025-08-28 03:00

    Is this the same FTL-prefix machine that you previously had trouble with the engine speed sensors.? If so you already have the electrical schematic.

  2. #2Maximusprime2025-08-28 03:50

    Hi Nige Yes same machine Im looking at the one you sent me and can't seem to find the half circular bottom on that file at the machine location or the schematics. Is this by any chance called the work tool? Again thanks. I had a peak at it earlier before I posted here. But I dont think im looking in the correct area. I was looking at the right control

  3. #3Nige2025-08-28 04:16

    Find Grid C-8 on Page 2 or search the schematic for 460-5343. You are looking at Pins 1 thru 3 of the 12-pin connector under the joystick.