Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

246c skidsteer keeps blowing hydraulic tool attachment tube

Sammy246c ยท 2025-08-27 12:35

Hello All, so I have a 246c jay09047. I barely use any tool attachment on the machine. I bought a breaker hammer part # ZW750. I blew the hydraulic tube part number 4484588 the first time when I first used the breaker I replaced the tube and was using the breaker yesterday and I blew that tube again! I am not sure whats going on. Any help would be highly appreciated! These are the specs of the Breaker Wolverine ZW-750 Specs Weight: 1,160-1,230 lbs Impact Energy Class: 750 ft-lb Chisel Diameter: 3 in Hydraulic Flow: 12-20 GPM Operating Pressure: 3000 PSI Impact Rate: 450-1000 BPM Mounting: Universal Quick Attach Hoses: Dual hydraulic attachment hoses, does not require high flow Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-08-27 17:41

    Wondering if it matters which way the hoses are hooked up? What hyd. pressure does your machine have? I think some of the newer skid steers are over 3000 PSI.

  2. #2Sammy246c2025-08-27 17:50

    Hey Dave I think the 246c is rated to 3335 psi. I thought if the hydraulic hoses are hooked wrong you won't be able to run the breaker hammer? But I am not sure

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-08-27 18:10

    I wouldn't think it would work hooked up backwards but not sure. The manual should tell you. You are 335 PSI over the max. PSI rating of the breaker. There may be a way to lower the pressure under 3000 PSI. You can also contact Wolverine. They say USA but I suspect their attachments are made in China. They look like what Ritchie Bros. puts in their auctions with different brand names but identical products.

  4. #4Chrisso2025-09-01 15:28

    Auxiliary line reliefs are set to 3553 psi for std flow and 4496 psi for the XPS model. If anything blows it should be the line relief. Have seen a few of these pipes split. Usually happens on a bend. Line reliefs are remove and bench-test only. I reckon you just have bad luck.