Anyone have any experience correcting a weak travel issue on one side or the other? Currently the excavator works fine traveling forward when both sides are engaged but when trying to use just the left I don't get much movement at all; pretty much nothing in reverse. It is considerably different than the right side. My first through was to swap the electrical connections at the travel solenoids to eliminate the drive but it appears the plugs are backwards so you cant. (I am pretty sure I have the correct solenoids - under the engine cover next to the accumulator). Anybody have any advice? Thanks in advance for any help.
Good day Lifting each side and compare the turning speed of the sprocket, be sure that the issue is not mechanical as the idler wheel binding or a transmission issue to drain some lube look for metal. Kind regards Uffex
Uffex - Thanks for responding. I lifted each side and the left does turn about 10% slower than the right. I get full forward and backwards rotation without the weight of the machine. The idler appears to be in good shape, no movement or noise out of it. I checked the drive fluid and its very dark but it doesn't have any metal in the oil or water. Any other idea? Could it be a sticking solenoid? Also I noticed this weekend the blade does not always bottom out but stops as soon as it hits the ground. If I cycle it a couple of times it will lift the front of the machine. Thanks
are you sure you are getting the same control travel? a rock or a little dirt can limit the pedal.
Good day Your post remarks there is also an issue with the blade, as your issue is isolated to the blade and one side of the crawler drive, a probable cause is a crossed line in the central joint. I would suggest you remove the main lines to the drive motor and make a pressure check. Be sure to check the pressures with low and high revolutions, as this will detect leakage. If you click on the attached link you can have the full troubleshooting document, some of which you have already covered, it's too large to post on the forum, but you can download from the site direct. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dAKfSkpG6NWnP2R8v48qJa3VCOCDOwrk/view?usp=sharing Kind regards Uffex