Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2018 D61PX slow to no dozer blade movement

Chieffms4a · 2026-03-01 12:39

Recently purchased a 2018 Komatsu D61PX. Blade functions are slow and sometimes no movement at all. Things I have done to make it cycle faster for a few minutes but they goes back to slow or no movement. 1. Cycle implement lever. 2. Removed 1 steel mesh plug filter at control valve. Still does the same. I have checked HST pilot pressure through monitor and found pilot charge pressure to be within specs. Fan motor does seem to be operating at high speed therefore maybe robbing all the pilot pressure to the comtrol valve. One weird phenomenon is that when I look at the hydraulic schematic is that the ripper control seems to get the pilot pressure right before it goes into the control valve. This dozer don’t have a ripper but does have the control lever and the lines are capped. During the slow to no blade operation the ripper operation seems fine, meaning if I cycle the ripper lever it receives enough pilot pressure to dead head the system and builds pressure to spec. Any one out there with knowledge on this issue?

Replies0

No replies yet.