Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

650J blade will not lift

PrinceHQ · 2026-02-28 12:03

Has anyone ever seen a solenoid that looks like this? The far left one is the blade lift and I’m not as familiar with John Deere but I think that might be an aftermarket solenoid. I’ve tested everything, including the rigged wiring and I’m failing the solenoid.

Replies7
  1. #1Diesel Dave2026-02-28 15:42

    Welcome to HEF Prince . That is a factory “IGC” (integrated grade control) system. I’m not overly familiar with it. Post a machine serial # and someone may be along that can assist.

  2. #2PrinceHQ2026-02-28 15:44

    Okay the serial number is 1T0650JXLA0193572 The machine throws a code for the blade lift solenoid shorted to ground once you try to lift or tilt the blade, you can angle the blade all you want until you hit either of the other two functions and it throws the code. The code is 523781.4

  3. #3mg23612026-03-01 06:15

    Check your messages.

  4. #4PrinceHQ2026-03-01 08:48

    The white wire is an overlay wire for the (P62 Red) wire that someone did in the past. That of course was the first thing I checked, I made sure it wasn’t shorted to ground or any of the other wires in those connectors, I also completely by passed it with my test leads and it stayed the same. The red wires that are twisted together are where they cut off the (P62 Red) wires. I’m not sure why they twisted them together, I untwisted them at one point and nothing changed. Also I could never find the LED that the troubleshooting is talking about but I’m not familiar with Deere, where would that light be located.

  5. #5mg23612026-03-02 05:48
  6. #6PrinceHQ2026-03-02 07:52

    Ok that’s good to know that’s where the LED is, but the solenoid that is giving me problems is the one that doesn’t look like that.

  7. #7mg23612026-03-03 04:49

    I can't help you with that. That is not factory original. The lift section should look like the other two in your photo. From the parts page below: